I think this one has gone around before, but what the heck. Diane at Sand to Glass
just tagged me for another Eight Random Things MeMe.
· When tagged, you must link to the person who tagged you.
· Then post the rules before your list, and list eight random things about yourself.
· At the end of the post you must tag and link to eight other people.
Ok, here we go round again, singing a song about Molly Bee - oops, wrong song..
Numero Uno: I love cats and firmly believe that a house without at least one cat in residence is not a home. Right now, we have three:
Callie, age 13, who we've had for 10½ years.
Sadie, also approximately 13, Mom's cat who we inherited and is now part of our family.
And Boomer, about 4 years old, who we adopted last spring. He's curled up on my lap right now, making it difficult to type.
2) I'm a fan of the Grateful Dead - see t-shirt in the above photo.
3) As might be evident from my having a knitting blog, I love to knit and crochet. I teach knitting at the local Senior Center and am a member of the K4 group that meets Thursday afternoons at the Center. Right now we're concentrating on hat & scarf sets for the shelter for homeless veterans in Detroit.
4) We just bought a new car - a 2008 Prius.
5) I'm married to the most wonderful guy in the world and we just celebrated our 26th anniversary last week on the 7th.
6) I love to read - check out the book lists in the sidebar.
7) In college, I had a history major & an art minor. Today I do research in genealogy & design knitting patterns for The Wool Peddler
8) I make quilts - usually antique looking reproductions - but I haven't done much in the last three years since our K4 (Krazy Kool Knitters & Krocheters) group formed. I've made over 50 quilts in sizes varying from king to baby and have three large tops ready to stretch one of these days.
Ok, that does it other than tagging eight more victims (ah, I mean friends)..
Sallee of Knitnana
Ruinwen of VixenpathMagic Knitter
Shelob of Caution Blind KnitterEricaBron
Birdsong of A View From Sierra County
And, last but not least, Kary of Sheep At The Beach