The week started out with a semi-disaster. The foot on our antique Mission Oak table split leaving us with just three feet and a decided tilt.
After gluing and using screws to fasten a few of the pieces of wood together, the foot rested overnight in clamps and a vice.
Meanwhile without a base to hold it, the table top had to rest on the floor and the inevitable happened.Mom, if you didn't want me using it for a bed, why did you put it down here?
In other news, I started another lap robe using the "brain dead" stitch pattern:
This one will use a different color for each row - a good way of using up scraps. I need enough of each color to make it all the way across the row so, unlike the rag-tag afghans that uses every bit of one color before starting the next, there will be scraps left over. I like the way that the angled shells make an interesting pattern without a lot of work.
Here's another of the Dopey hats that I finished on Tuesday.
We had some good luck at garage sales this week. Boomer likes the kitty tower we picked up for 50¢.With the table put back together, it's a good thing you found me another place to lounge!
And another 50¢ purchase - a 100% wool sweater in bulky yarn that I plan on frogging.
Out in the back yard, the tomatoes are trying to take over their corner. I picked about a dozen grape tomatoes this afternoon and there are bigger BLT sized ones hiding under the foliage, but they're still green.
Over by the gate, the acorn squash (I thought I had zucchini) planted by the compost pile is heading for the fence and about four times the size of the other three plants put together.
The pink flocks that friends of Mom's gave her a few years back are flourishing. Thanks, Joanne & Harvey!!
And the trumpet vine is starting to take off. It flowered for the first time this year. It's a little past it's peak here, but it's starting to cling to the wire mesh we fastened to the fence to help support it. I'm looking forward to this end of the fence being covered in flowers in the future.