Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, January 06, 2005

A Beginning

While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

The few times that I've emptied my wallet to get a premium skein or two, the resulting project hasn't stood the test of time (wearing, washing, etc), while sweaters knit of good old sayelle 30+ years ago are still going strong. Recently I've been doing a lot of knitting and crocheting for a charity project at the local Senior Center and there again washability is all important for the hats, scarves & afghans we've been making. I've been browsing various knitting blogs this past month and I'm awestruck by the projects I see displayed - still, I'm going to be sticking to the tried and true at least in materials.

This past year, I've been designing more of my own patterns or improvising on published ones to eliminate all the seams that I possible can. One undying truth about me is that I don't like to sew things together - my idea of an ideal project is one that is finished other than running in various yarn ends when it comes off the needles. Thank goodness for circulars & double points that make this possible!

So, with this initial post out of the way, I guess I investigate this new landscape and see if I can discover how to upload a photo or two..

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a