Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Busy Fingers

Photos still aren't working, but one of these days they will and I have them all ready to upload. I've finished a second "plain vanilla" hat - I thought about adding a second color but realized that the white yarn was heavier than knitting worsted but not quite up to bulky so I didn't have anything that would match it in gauge. The bronze scarf below is made out of rug yarn which knits up in a hurry with 18 stitches on 10½ needles. This one took three 70 yard skeins. Rug yarn isn't my first (or even fifth) choice for scarves, but there is a large garbage bag full of it at the Senior Center and this scarf was an attempt to see if it would work up in an acceptable manner. The feel is a little harsh, but it's thick and warm.



Here are two more of the rag-tag afghans.. For these I had enough yarn on hand to coordinate colors.





Then there is the "color-blind" rag-tag, or what happens when the yarn supply is down to the dib-dabs.. The one thing I can say for it is that it will be just as warm as the others..



Our K4 (Krazy Kool Knitters & Krocheters) group meets again tomorrow so I'll be turning all these items in for distribution through either the local FISH organization or the Baldwin Soup Kitchen. It's wonderful when doing something I enjoy so much also helps others.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jane. I like your rag-tag afghans. Like you said, they are warm, even when you don't have enough to color coordinate. Don't forget that each rag-tag afghan is also one-of-a-kind!

1:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a