Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, January 16, 2005

A New Project

I started a new project yesterday while we were visiting with friends (note:-- it is possible to knit and play dominos at the same time) - a pair of fingerless gloves for me. The past three and a half months have been spent working on projects to give away through the Sr. Center knitting group. Yesterday I decided to make something for me for a change and after reading through a number of blogs decided to try a pair of fingerless gloves - 1) because they'd be fairly fast & 2) because I'm hoping that keeping my hand warm will ease the arthritis I have in the heel of my left hand. One glove is completed and I've been wearing it while I start work on the second. So far, so good - I don't think my hand has hurt as much, but that might be wistful thinking..



The yarn is Red Heart Fiesta Jewel Tone variegated, worsted weight, worked on size 7 double points. I know that I have a set of aluminum double points here some place in size 7, but can not locate them. So, on the way to our friends' house, we stopped at the LYS and I picked up a pair of Bryspun 8" size 7s. I was afraid that they'd be a little long (there were no 6" ones in stock, and the 4" ones looked to be too short), but they're working out ok. I do have a tendency to hook the left end of the dp into the glove when I'm changing needles, but that isn't too awkward. The other glove is cast on and almost to the point to start the thumb gusset.

After dominos and dinner last night, we settled in to watch the third Harry Potter movie on DVD - our friends have a very large screen tv set up with surround sound so it's almost like being in the theater. I knew that I wasn't going to be able to see to do the gusset increases in the low light, so I switched over to another hat - this one in a medium sage green - that I'd just started. I finished that one and started a tan one before the movie was over, so it was quite a productive evening. I finished the left glove & started the right one this evening while watching Desperate Housewives & Boston Legal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a