Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, January 06, 2011

I Thought I Was Short A Couple Projects

When I was rearranging my knitting bags (yes, plural) this morning in preparation of this afternoon's K4 group, I found a few items that I knit during December.


This hat combines a medium grey worsted with a long color change fun fur in black & grey. Only problem was that I ran out of the fun fur just before the last couple rows so I used some red so it looks like Rudolph's nose on top.


This hat combines a dark blue worsted with a ribbon yarn in blue, green & gold. I used biroche stitch as it's bold enough to show up with the combination of colors.


And this sadly is what took up a good bit of my time - a sweater for DH that unfortunately is headed for the "frog pond". I had him try it on at this point before I started the sleeves & it's way too small. I could have sworn that the last time I knit this pattern that I'd used size 11 needles with a double strand of worsted, but it will be reknit on size 13s and I'm probably going to leave out all the aran patterns & make it straight stockinette. Once again, I'm not sure why the photo is so dark - it shows up a lot lighter in IrfanView - but the patterns are horizontal areas of a 4x4 basketweave, a 2x4 shifting rib, trinity stitch, a woven K2, P2 travelling trellis and double moss, all divided by 6 rows of garter stitch. (sob)

2 Comments:

Blogger Pioggia said...

I actually thought the red tuft was a nice touch on that hat. Sorry about the frogging

12:49 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I'm sorry you have to frog that sweater...it really looks lovely. The hat with the red is so festive. :)

The word verification for this comment is frog eh...how strange.

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a