Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

"Grandma Who Dances With Crochet Hooks"

That was the title of an email from DD#1 last week. It seems that with grand-daughter going into 5th grade & Middle School there's a dress code that says that tank tops and/or spaghetti scraps have to be covered. So I got busy with my knitting needles rather than a crochet hook and came up with these.


A very simple drop stitch shrug in white baby yarn.


A top-down raglan sleeve shrug in white worsted weight - Bella Sera on Ravelry.


And finally, my version of the Bella Sera shrug in cream sport weight adding YO increases for the raglan shaping & a 12 stitch Feather & Fan lace pattern to the sleeves & hem.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Chantelle said...

Oooh, I love your version of the Bella Sera shrug... very pretty!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Lovely!

11:16 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

You always achieve so many beautiful projects! :)

10:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a