Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, April 04, 2010

More Lap Robes

It's been a couple weeks since I posted, but I've been busy working on more lap robes for the Veterans' Hospital in Ann Arbor.


This one is, again, worked in the box (brick or brain-dead) stitch which creates such a pretty texture, but as the larger balls of leftover yarn get worked up, I'm left more & more with shorter lengths. The brick stitch, unlike regular double crochet, doesn't work far enough over the yarn ends to hold them in place so for every yarn change there are two ends that need to be run into the crocheting with a yarn needle.


Hence my switch to plain double crochet to use up the smaller amounts. This rather "wild" one was made with balls of yarn that were sitting around in various bags.


This one is slightly more planned using all greens. I brought the tote of green & blue yarns up from the basement & for the next while I'm going to be working in one color in various shades for each project. There's enough of the greens left over for a second lap robe which is already started, then I'll tackle the blues & hopefully by the end of the year empty the various totes.

As you can see in the last photo, I had a helper for my photo shoot. Between the camera batteries threatening to go dead & Sadie, I'm afraid that I didn't arrange the lap robes to their best advantage. This was a toss it down, point & shoot session.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

How beautiful! I love the one done in the box stitch. The texture is wonderful. Wasn't Sadie nice to help...she is a lovely kitty. :)

8:08 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Nothing wrong with drop, point, and shoot - it gets the job done!

Everything looks great!
(((hugs)))

8:28 AM  
Blogger Barbara Marr said...

Halos to both you and Sadie. I am sure the recipient much appreciated your giving.

12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a