Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, November 22, 2009

Energizer Bunny Phase

Only two weeks left until our K4 Xmas sale, so I've been knitting as fast as I can.


So far, I've finished five more sets of the combination knit/crochet hats & scarves. The dark blue, red & rust color sets use the box stitch, the lighter blue set uses a 5 dc shell stitch & the green set on the lower left is done in a basket-weave stitch using front & back post double crochet stitches.


These two sets use the slip stitch "window pane" design (you'll find directions under "Free Patterns" on the sidebar) with plain double crochet scarves. There wasn't a lot of yarn left of the autumn variegated for the scarf on the right so I tried to add some interest by making pointy ends on it.


These cowls have been fun to design. They're basically a ribbed tube with lace on the bottom edge. The two on the left & one on the bottom right have lace edging that's knit on sideways. The cream one on the right has a crocheted shell edging & the grey tweed at the very top has crocheted box stitch edging.


These seven cowls are made of different yarns & different patterns. For the two longer ones, the hot pink is knit from one strand of mohair & one strand of ribbon yarn in garter stitch while the turquoise one is one strand of mohair worked in a feather & fan pattern. The others are combinations of yarn in linen stitch, feather & fan, yo cables & slanted stitches.


And finally, this is what happens when I attempt to take photos - Boomer is quite the camera hog plus if there's anything soft on the floor, he's going to try to make it into a cat bed. {g}

Two weeks to go and lots more knitting to do!

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, that's a whole lotta knitting going on over there.

I love your cowl idea. I've been trying to find something I like to make for my mom.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Everything looks terrific!!!
(((hugs)))

1:58 PM  
Blogger Barbara Marr said...

Your combination of knit and crochet creates very nice designs. A new technique to me - a non-crocheter.

8:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boomer looks like he's asking you to make a wee little cowl just for him ;) Great photos and I'll take a look at your patterns - I just started crocheting a beret for myself. It's going to be a VERY cold winter here and my usual ski-type headband is not doing the trick.

Michelle from the Bugs

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a