Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Vest-uary Update

I probably should have chosen a better background as the front of the vest sort of blends into the fabric of the chair, but I wanted to show you how the vest was coming along. The markers indicate where I started or stopped shaping so I can duplicate it on the other front. I've finished the underarm area since this photo and am ready to cast on for the back of the armhole. The crocheted cast-on I discovered a year or so ago when I was making felted bags is working great for adding on without leaving the sloppy edge of some other "middle of the project" cast-ons.


Last night while I was watching TV, my lap was too full of knitting & the book I was reading during commercials in Boomer's opinion, so he made himself at home in the antique doll cradle. He looks pretty comfortable despite a bit of an overflow. {g}

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

He's too big for that cradle!!!
;)
I just gave you a blog award...stop by my blog to see.
(((hugs)))

10:49 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Awh sweet Boomer. Your vest is looking great! :)

9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a