Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Catching Up A Bit

I didn't get photos of the two latest hat & scarf sets yet, but here is the start of my Vest-uary project - yarn, needles & a sketch with blanks to be filled in.


That's Caron's Rainbow Dreams in the Tradewind colorway and size 10½ needles. I took a measuring tape and filled in or corrected some of the numbers last night before I cast on. I'm getting a gauge of 7 stitches & 14 rows (7 ridges) equaling 2". I love knitting on size 10½ needles - something about them fits my hands perfectly.

Just before casting on for the vest, I cast off the sock that I abandoned last September. This one is destined to be an only until after the KnittingPurls toe-up KAL on Ravelry that starts in a few days. I used #551 Vinca yarn on size 2 Harmony DPs - you can see where it was when I stuck it in the PIP pile back on the September 1, 2008 post, so I really didn't have a long way to go.




I used the lace pattern from the largest size of Wendy's free seaweed sock pattern and added an extra purl so it was a 10 stitch repeat that would fit neatly into my usual 60 stitch sock pattern. I worked two repeats up the instep and then six repeats around the leg once the heel was complete. For the second sock, I'm going to try to reverse the swirl of the lace - wish me luck even though it will be after the KAL socks are completed as I only have that one set of Harmony size 2 DPs!

I mentioned a post or so ago that we'd purchased some wheat grass for the cats - specifically for Sadie. As you can see from this photo, she is really enjoying her treat. {g}

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Your vest will be beautiful in the rainbow dreams! Those socks are so pretty it is such a lovely pattern! Sadie is such a cute kitty! :)

8:17 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Yay for the sock! :)
And Sadie looks very happy with her treat...
(((hugs)))

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a