Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Saturday, October 18, 2008

I Guess It's Been A While

I hadn't realized that it's been so long since I last posted - days are sort of slipping by faster & faster. I've been knitting though.



One of the garage sale bags of yarn had these crocheted scarves or maybe the beginnings of afghans. Not wanting them to go to waste, I knit hats to go with them.



From the bottom, a knit hat & garter stitch scarf to match; a "fashion" scarf with one strand of purple worsted and various "fancy" yarns in shades of purple & blue; and one of my first cowls in a variegated washable wool in a simple K1,P1 rib.



Cowls are addictive, fun to knit & I'm hoping that they will be good sellers at our Sr. Center craft show in December. The top one is a teal, blue, green mohair in a mistake stitch rib; the middle one is a multicolored pastel boucle in garter stitch; and the bottom one is the Birthday Cowl pattern in brown White Buffalo Elanna Plus - a discontinued yarn. There are two more that I forgot to take photos of before putting them in the case at the Sr. Center - a grey & white marl in a Feather & Fan pattern & a light blue mohair with a little K2tog, YO lace around the bottom.

In other news, we've had frost so the garden is gone and only the peace rose in a protected corner by the front porch is still blooming. The trees are changing into their fall wardrobe of golds, reds & oranges and a few are already bare heralding the start of the grey season of winter. Time for homemade soup, afghans & more needlework.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I know what you mean! Soup is on the menu this weekend!
(((hugs)))

3:51 PM  
Blogger Daniele said...

You've definitely been busy. Love all the beautiful colors. I'm thinking of starting a cowl too. They are addictive!! :)

4:08 AM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

How Funny that I came across your Blog today.. Last night I was trying to make Hubby a Cowl.. he wanted a soft coltton one.. I casted on 4 times and did not like any of the results.. Yours all look great... How many did you cast on for the brown one and will it fit a Man???
I think I will forget the cotton and try it in woolease...??
Penny
peneloercola@aol.com

3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a