Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

A Few More Photos


One of the things I accomplished yesterday was gathering up the hat & scarf sets that I've made this year and packing them for the fall/winter donations and/or our December craft sale at the Senior Center. Here are 42 sets. For about 6 or 7 up in the upper left corner, I only made the hats as the scarves were made by other K4 members. There are also probably a dozen hats that I made that were matched with other scarves and are being stored at home by the members.



These two sets didn't make it into group photo as they were still in my bag. You'll recognize the enterlac hat on the left along with the box stitch scarf to go with it. The other set is a plain knit hat along with a box stitch scarf that has solid color on each end and variegated in the middle.


This is my latest project. After doing the enterlac hat and realizing how closely it resembled a huge crocheted box stitch, I decided to try to combine knitting with crocheting. The rolled brim is knit, then I crocheted the rainbow stripes in box stitch, filled in the upper triangles and picked up from there back to the circular & double points to create the crown.


Here's a so-so shot of the back showing the red, orange & yellow stripes along with the black crown.


I was ready to erase this photo until I realized that it did provide some detail on the crocheted part of the hat. I have a feeling that I'll be playing around more with this pattern in the future.

5 Comments:

Blogger Carmen said...

Amazing number of hats....you are a super knitter...

9:19 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Wow! That's a lotta stuff!
(((hugs)))

10:13 AM  
Blogger Daniele said...

Wow. What a great way to use up the "Plain Jane" stash. If people only realized what good use you put their garage sale yarn to. I have a big bag of baby yarn that was given to me. I love using it up for new babies. I think the hat that combines crochet and knitting is fabulous. You must post that pattern on Ravelry! People would snatch it up. I know I would! :)

8:50 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Those sets are terrific! Great job having a total of 42 sets! Love the entrelac hat too!!

11:31 AM  
Blogger ~ej said...

42 sets is amazing :) love the hats. i need to crochet again, i really DO!

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a