Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, September 15, 2008

A New MeMe

Sallee tagged me for a meme late last week and I'm just getting around to it.

What are the last 3 things you purchased?
Groceries
Groceries
Groceries
(I don't do a lot of non-grocery shopping)

What are the last three songs you downloaded?
I don't download, but on You-Tube I've been listening to:
Heavy Horses (Jethro Tull)
Tangled Up In Blue (Jerry Garcia Band)
Ripple (Grateful Dead)

What are the three best places you visited?
The farm where I grew up
Crestline, CA, where my daughter lived until recently
The Smithsonian in Washington, D.C.

What are your three favorite movies?
The Lion In Winter
The Wind & The Lion
Rocky Horror Picture Show

What three things can you not live without?
My sweet husband
My cats
Knitting, crocheting & quilting

What would be your three wishes?
An honest government in Washington that is not purchased by the corporations
Reasonably priced health care & universal coverage without big insurance companies
Honest elections with verifiable paper trails & auditing when exit polls & results don't match.

What are three things you haven't done yet?
Hang-glided
Bungee jumped
Rock climbed
(now ask me if I want to do any of those. NOT!!)

What three Celebrities do you want to hang out with the most?
I'm not really into celebrities but if possible:
Katherine Hepburn
James Michener
Jerry Garcia
(all of whom you will note have passed away - they aren't making celebrities the way that they used to..)

Name three things that freak you out
*SPIDERS*
Heavy traffic if I'm driving
Icy roads

What are your three favorite dishes?
Chicken with homemade noodles
Fish chowder
King crab & steak (surf & turf)

Name Three Things you are good at.
Knitting
Crocheting
Quilting

What are three things you are currently coveting?
Another, larger, Nana Sadie Rose bag (I have the largest of the current models)
A complete set of KnitPicks Harmony needles
A large encyclopedia of crochet stitches

Now, I'm supposed to tag people but I'd rather let anyone reading this who feels in the mood to do so do the meme. Have fun!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

hate to break it to you, and while I never say "never," I wouldn't look for a yet larger Nana Sadie Rose bag...but you might try another of the same size with different pocket configuration!!
lololol
Thanks for the plug!
(((hugs)))

8:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a