Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, September 05, 2008

A Rough Day

One year ago today, I lost Mom to leukemia. This whole week has been rough as I remembered what she was going thorough 12 months earlier, but on Wednesday I was given a reason to smile. My dear friend Kim sent me roses in remembrance.


I put the vase on top of the entertainment center next to a photo of Mom & Dad. They're both gone now and I can't express how much I miss them.


This photo captures the full beauty of the roses.. Thank you, Kim - for the roses and for being such a good friend! It really means a lot to know that you have my back..

On more cheerful issues, I took four big bags of yarn from garage sales into the Sr. Center yesterday for our K4 group. I took a photo of them before leaving but - memo to self: make sure that the flash card is in the camera, not the computer, when you take pictures. They're still on the camera, but I have to find the instruction manual to see if there's a way of transferring them to the card and then to the computer as this new computer doesn't have a port that allows directly hooking into the camera. I had a cute one of Boomer taken earlier today, all curled up on the pillows I use to cushion the antique mission oak desk chair that I'm using. He looked so comfy.. Of course, that meant that I couldn't sit down for a while - our cats have very accommodating "staff"..

I finished a hat to go with a scarf that was originally the start of a crocheted afghan that was in one garage sale bags. Fortunately, there was a partial skein of the same aqua color in the bag and I had white & royal blue in the stash that were close enough to make the hat match. The hospital that we've been making lap robes for sent more yarn and it was grabbed up by the K4 members that were there yesterday. I think I'll do another afghan in the "brain-dead", "box" or "crazy" stitch like the recent ones as they're almost as easy as straight double crochet and have a lot more texture.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

****big hug****

2:00 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I'm glad you made it through, and what lovely roses!
(((hugs)))

2:53 PM  
Blogger SNOWBIRD said...

Hang in there! Loss of parents is so hard! Friends are always here to support you! Isn't it wonderful to knit. With every stitch there is a thought. I don't know about you, but it helps calm me down when time and memories creep up on me. Keep stitching. P.S. The roses are so beautiful. What a great friend!

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a