Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, August 10, 2008

Lazy Sunday

It's been a fairly lazy day here, but I did get the sweeper run so I could take a couple new photos. Given the amount of cat hair on the carpets, all three of our feline masters should be downright BALD!!


This is the current progress on the multi-colored lap robe in the "brain dead" (aka "crazy" & "box") stitch. I have more rows to work to get it up to the 36" length for the hospital.


I worked a bit on the sock last night while watching a bit of the Olympics. Once the toe increases were done, I started working two repeats of Wendy's Seaweed lace pattern. I added an extra purl stitch between repeats so at 10 stitches it would work evenly into my 60 stitch sock. I love the way this #551 Vinca colorway is working up - it reminds me of tidal pools, beach sand & is just morphing into a touch of green like the grass above the beach. Once I'm past the heel shaping I'll work the lace pattern all the way around the leg. This pair will be #3 for the Summer of Socks 08.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Cool Socks !!!!

Your Lapghan looks Great!!!!Is it knitted???What a great stash buster

5:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, I like the colors of your Seaweed sock. I have some of that yarn, but it doesn't look that nice in the ball. Maybe I should reconsider!

6:39 PM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Love all the current projects. Vinca yarn is so neat! I may have to try to find some around here. Nice way to use up your yarn stash with that pattern stitch for the lapghan! Thanks for sharing the name.

8:39 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Congrats on starting SOS 08 pair 3!
(((hugs)))

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a