Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, July 03, 2008

FOs!!!

A few photos of some finished projects instead of the garden.


I spread the green afghan out for the photo shoot and Boomer thought it was worth investigating. Looks innocent, doesn't he?


"Hmmm.. Maybe there's a mouse under here somewhere?"


"If I tie this chunk of green whatsit in knots, I'll have any resident mice trapped!!"



After *suggesting* that Boomer might like to visit the basement, I tried again. I finished this hat a few weeks ago and then got busy on the afghans. Finished the scarf yesterday so now it's a complete set.


This hat was knit to go with a scarf a new member of our K4 group knit. She wasn't at the meeting today but we'll get them united sooner or later.

No photos yet, but I finished up the first sock this afternoon and cast on for the second. The toe is complete and I'm working toward the heel.

In a comment a couple days ago, Angie asked about the leaf pattern I used on a vest that I made for Mom back in the April 10, 2005 post. The leaf pattern is the exact same one as is shown in the Leisure Arts booklet. I've used different lace patterns, but the lime green version was straight from the pattern, except that I knit the vest in the round up to the armholes instead of knitting a front & a back. Hope that helps.

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

You have been busy!
(((hugs)))

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a