Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, June 09, 2008

California Dreaming

No photos this time because I didn't bring along the cables to hook the camera to my daughter's computer, but I'm in California - safe & sound - since last Tuesday. I helped Becky get the place "sale ready" and we've had three potential buyers come through already since the "For Sale" sign went up last Thursday. Please keep fingers crossed that a buyer will show up soon so Becky & the munchkins can head for Pennsylvania in three weeks with Bill as he goes there for his new job.

The weather is beautiful and I'll miss seeing the mountains when I visit them in PA. Their current home is in the San Bernardino mountains and the trip "up the hill" is spectatular. I took a lot of photos along the road & will post them when I get home. Back home in Michigan, the weather has been hot, humid & rather wild. Storms came through last night and knocked out power for thousands of people. It was worse on the west side of the state where five people were killed. Thankfully, our area was ok. I'm flying back on Wednesday so after I shake off the jet lag and get photos downloaded from the camera I'll try to post by the weekend.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Have a very safe trip home, and good thoughts are being sent the kids' way - I surely hope their home sells quickly!
(((hugs)))

9:41 AM  
Blogger Maureen said...

Welcome back home! Can't wait to see what stash your husband was able to get you! My new containers will keep me busy for a while!

5:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a