Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, May 16, 2008

Rockabye Baby

At yesterday's garage sales I found something I've been hoping to find for years.


A wooden doll cradle where I can display the doll quilts I've made over the years. This one is a duplicate of an antique doll quilt that I saw at the Historical Museum up the road in Oxford.


A side view of the cradle. I think it's fairly old but it has been put back together with phillips head screws holding the side panels onto the frame.


Whether it's new or old, it has been awarded the Seal of Feline Approval. {g}


Out in the back yard, the forget-me-nots are blooming while the purple tulips are hanging tough. The orange ones have all lost their petals and are hopefully storing up energy for next year.


And in a corner of one of the vegetable beds, the violets add a bit of color.

Just in case you think that I'm ignoring my knitting, I finished a hat & scarf set for K4 this afternoon and cast on for another set with some Wool-Ease that I found at a garage sale this afternoon. I'm almost done with the latest pair of socks and this afternoon splurged and ordered twenty skeins of Vinca superwash wool & nylon sock yarn in ten different colorways. Once it arrives, I'll be set for the Summer of Socks 08 KAL.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

What a great cradle! And kitty looks oh, so comfortable in it!

I've created a monster - but remember, sock yarn doesn't count as stash!!
;)
(((Hugs)))

9:42 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a fantastic find! Such a nice cradle and your kitty seems to think it is a great new addition! :)

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a