Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Sock Hop


The first sock is finished - KnitPicks' Palette in Marine Blue Heather on size 2 dps with a lace pattern borrowed from Knitty's Falling Leaves


A better view of the lace on the cuff and the heel shaping. No "second sock syndrome" as I cast on for #2 this evening while watching the Pete Seeger episode of American Masters on PBS and finished the toe shaping. I'm hoping that I'm familiar enough with the lace pattern now that I can work on it during tomorrow night's LOST where I try to keep my eyes on the screen as much as possible because one never knows what's going to happen next.

Sadie likes to perch on the computer tower and keep an eye on me while I'm up here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Sadie looks possessed! Not sure I'd want her glaring down at me from on high...kitty priestess!
Sock look great - now there's NO EXCUSE for not finishing Adamas!
(((hugs)))

1:21 PM  
Blogger Birdsong said...

A great sock pattern! I have to agree with Sallee - not sure I would want to live with such a kitty high priestess:)

7:47 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Those socks came out great! What a pretty pattern. That shot of Sadie really is impressive! :)

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a