Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, February 25, 2008

One Finished & One Pair Almost Half Done

I finished DGD's sweater.


No seams except for the sleeves which were 3-needle bind-offs. I hope she likes it.

The sock is coming along. I'm working the lace from the instep all around the leg. I'll probably do another lace repeat and then some ribbing to help it stay in place.


I like the way that the heel turned out. I used my friend Sallee's toe-up heel flap but moved the decreases from the back of the heel to one stitch either side of the instep.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's a lovely sweater! I know she'll love it - who wouldn't? Excellent job!

9:43 PM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

That's darling! I know she'll love it.
(((hugs)))

10:58 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Nice sweater and I bet you designed it and wrote out your own directions or better yet just kept knitting till it was done thinking, thinking as you went!!!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a