Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy New Year!

This is what greeted us New Year's Morning...






That's a yard stick stuck into the snow on the deck about 18" from the sliding door and, yes, that's the 14" mark that's almost covered by the snow! It looks like a winter wonderland out there, but I don't think I'm going to go traipsing around outside any time soon because my boots are only 12" tall {g}..


We spent New Year's Eve with friends and then stayed the night rather than risking the roads with all the cars that didn't have Designated Drivers. It was a wonderful time with lots of friendship, conversation & food including champagne & Olde Lang Syne at midnight.

So here we are, the first day of 2008. Hopefully it will be a better year than 2007 which along with 2003 have to count as the worst years of my life what with losing my parents.

I'm looking forward to more charity knitting after a short break while I'm going to knit a few things for me and my family. The Grand-kids have requested new sweaters and I have the measurement I need to get started. I started a new pair of Fuzzy Feet for DH, but I think before I go much farther, I'm going to knit a swatch with the one strand of wool & one of acrylic that I'm using to see if it will felt as well as the wool & recycled silk mouse I made for the cats. I'm hoping that it will felt & that the acrylic will help the slippers wear better. I'm working on the leg of the blue sock #1 using a simple lace pattern before I switch to ribbing so the finished sock won't fall down. The next week or so will be spent picking out appliances for the new kitchen at the other house. The counter tops are in but I forgot to take the camera over so no new photos - will try to remedy that during this next few days.

For everyone who reads this, I hope this next year brings you Health, Happiness & enough Money to keep the wolf from the door. {{{{HUGS}}}}

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

That's a lotta snow...and you could send us some and I wouldn't mind!
Glad to hear you'll be treating yourself to some woolens, too, this year!
Happy New Year, dear friend!
((((hugs)))

6:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woot! Love your snow. :)

Wishing you all the best for the new year!

8:26 AM  
Blogger kat said...

Happy New YEar, enjoy the wonderful fresh coat of snow!

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm sorry 2007 wasn't good for you Jane. Here's hoping 2008 will be terrific. Happy New Year :)

Jan

4:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a