Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Sorting Redeux

I've spent the last few days digging yarn out of various corners of the house. I think that I have most of it but I suspect that more will turn up as I continue to move boxes around. The tally in my database after adding in this summer's garage sale finds is up to just over 51#s and that doesn't include the small balls of yarn that will probably wind up in K4 rag-tag afghans. It also doesn't include the recycled wool yarn that escaped the moths or the skeins of Palette that I bought this summer from KnitPicks. Here's the loot to date - these are all 18 gallon totes:


The variegateds - mostly Rainbow Dreams but also regular ones like the rainbow one and several skeins of a baby print that were garage sale finds


Browns & rusts, more of the latter than the former.



Beiges & yellows.


Blacks & greys. I'm not sure why the black skeins photographed as a deep red, but they really are black.


Blues & greens.

'
Whites & creams.


Reds & purples.


And finally, baby, sport & bulky yarns. Some skeins of WoolEase chunky are scattered in the other bins by color because they wouldn't fit in this one. Between the database & these photos, I'm hoping it's organized enough that I'll be able to find the yarn I want.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Good Lord! Are those my Rainbow Dreams Rosy Forecast from moons and moons ago???
That's a lotta yarn...
(((hugs)))

10:01 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Ummmm it gets kinda scary / impressive when you see it all displayed like that. What a great stash! :)

1:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Uhmmm... that is a lot of year.

Do I hear Yarn Swap in the future?

I have 2 containers. I am kind of jealous.

1:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a