Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, August 27, 2007

Checking In

I haven't been around here much - or anywhere on the internet. Mom is home since Friday the 17th and I've been staying with her. I have a computer there, but no internet connection, so I'm "sneaker-netting" emails back & forth to answer and transcribing genealogy files. I'm also reading a lot & knitting. I just brought the reading list in the sidebar sort of up to date, but still need to update the FO list. Mainly, I've been working on making hat & scarf sets that will go to the Homeless Veterans' Shelter in Detroit at Christmas. Some kind soul donated four or five large boxes of machine knitting weight (sport & fingering) spooled yarn to the Sr. Center through the LYS. It's too thin to do anything with as is, but four strands makes a heavy worsted weight. I've been mixing & matching colors to make tweedy "guy" type shades and I have 12 sets complete and I'm almost done with the 13th. I also made a couple more of the fun fur hats using the aqua fun fur matched with Fair Skies Rainbow Dreams that Sallee kindly sent me when she didn't like the way it worked up in a Clapotis. I have one more skein of cream fun fur that I'll match with Maritime for two more hats before Barn Days in October. I hope that the hats sell well as we can use the money to buy more yarn for practical projects. Anyway, that's what I've been up to since the 16th. I haven't touched the Palette yarn yet and I've only briefly scanned Ravelry as my invitation arrived only a few days before Mom came home.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Well we all know now what our internet addiction eats up of our knitting time, right?
lol
Obviously I'm glad to hear Mom is doing well at home, but we miss you!
(((hugs)))

11:21 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Good to hear from you. Sounds like you've been keeping busy! Ravelry is just amazing...I think I could use one day out of the week just to keep up with everything! :)

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a