Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, July 05, 2007

A Week Already??

It's Thursday again and time for Booking Through Thursday. This week's question:

"What, in your opinion, is the (mythical) Great American Novel? At least to date. A “classic,” or a current one–either would be fine. Mark Twain? J.D. Salinger? F. Scott Fitzgerald? Stephen King? Laura Ingalls Wilder?

It doesn’t have to be your favorite book, mind you. “Citizen Kane” may be the “best” film, and I concede its merits, but it’s not my favorite. You don’t have to love something to know that it’s good."


My vote goes to James Michener's Hawaii - I think it's a classic and it's a book I've enjoyed enough to read at least three times starting with final exam week my senior year of high school. I'm in the northern Metro Detroit area of Michigan, not too far from where the corn fields start.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Mei said...

I'm glad you mentioned that; I haven't read it and now really want to!

1:48 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I have never read a book by Michener's. Guess I should start! My choice would be very unoriginal. To Kill a Mockingbird!

Happy Thursday!

3:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jane, I love Hawaii! One of my all-time favorites, and my favorite out of all the Micheners. However, I'm voting for Gone With the Wind...I'm cheating because I already thought about this over at Deb's blog. But that's my vote, and I'm sticking to it. Btw, I was born and raised in Detroit...graduated from Mumford High. I remember when Northland was cornfields. Checking in now from Lansing, Michigan. Have we discussed this before?

3:58 PM  
Blogger CJ said...

Michener's another good choice.

There really are so many, aren't there?

And I know exactly where you're talking about with the cornfields.

cjh

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a