Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, June 28, 2007

Thursday Blogging

At least I don't have to worry about a blogging topic on Thursdays because it's Booking Through Thursday again. This week's question:

"What’s the most desperate thing you’ve read because it was the only available reading material?

If it was longer than a cereal box or an advertisement, did it turn out to be worth your while?"


Hmmm.. When I'm at home, I can usually find something to read. I'm keeping the book Wild Swans as a back-up for those times the library books run out before the next library run. But where I run into trouble is waiting for a doctor or dentist appointment. Is it a given that the magazines in medical offices are always 5 months minimum out of date? Sometimes I'm lucky enough to run into a Smithsonian or National Geographic which is just as good years after publishing, but often I'm stuck with the latest magazine on pregnancy (I'm WAY past that stage of my life!) or a sports magazine. Neither of those ever turn out to be worth my time. The latter doesn't even provide me with information for conversation because, if anything, my DH is less sports minded than I am. I'm considered the family jock because, for the most part, I know which ball goes with which sport - never mind how many players on a team or the rules of the game.. If it's white & dimpled, it a golf ball; if it's bigger, round and has black splotches, it's soccer; and so on.. Anyway, I guess it serves me right not to have toted along my own book if I'm stuck with nothing to read.

While browsing the other answers on the BTT list, I found a new summer reading challenge, Beach Blanket Bonanza. The challenge is to read three books between July 1st & September 1st. That sounds like something I can handle {g}. I'll put the button over there in the sidebar for anyone else who wants to join.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a