Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Tagged Again

Crazy Cat Lady (love that "handle") just tagged me for the Birthday MeMe:

The rules are: You go to Wikipedia and type in your birthday (only the month & day). Then you copy out three events, two births & one holiday, and then you tag five friends.

Events

  • 1216 - King John of England lost his crown jewels in The Wash, probably near Fosdyke, perhaps near Sutton Bridge - I always thought that John was an idiot to try to take his treasury across such treacherous territory, but then he wasn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier of British Royalty..

  • 1492 - Christopher Columbus's expedition makes landfall in the Caribbean, specifically in The Bahamas. The explorer believes he has reached East Asia .. I loved it as a child when my birthday was always a "red numeral" holiday on the calendar and then they changed it to always be on a Monday.. BOO!! HISS!!!!

  • 1986 - Elizabeth II of the United Kingdom and Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh visit the People's Republic of China - ah.. a history making event for the countries that I studied most in college.


Births:

  • 1537 - King Edward VI of England (d. 1553)

  • 1951 - Sally Ride, first American woman in space


Holiday:

  • Columbus Day (traditionally) - United States.


I was surprised that there weren't more names than I recognized in the births. In the deaths, John Denver died on October 12th 1997 - I always liked his music.

I'm not going to tag anyone by name, but if you wander by and haven't been tagged by someone else yet, consider it done. Leave me a comment so I can read what happened on your special day over the centuries.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a