Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Booking on Thru

Booking Through Thursday

Do you cheat and peek ahead at the end of your books? Or do you resolutely read in sequence, as the author intended?
And, if you don’t peek, do you ever feel tempted?


No I don't cheat - that would take all of the fun out of reading a book as the story develops. Sometimes, when I have the feeling that I may have read a book before (it's happened more than once), I may read a random paragraph ahead to see if it also sounds familiar. I'm much more apt to page *back* and re-read sections if I'm even slightly confused about what is going on in the story.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Daphne said...

Hi Jane - thanks for stopping by my blog! I also tend to go back a few pages and re-read a section or paragraph. Sometimes that makes the current page make more sense!

I love your knitting - that's something I never learned how to do although I used to crochet when I was a kid and in college I did some counted cross stitch.

6:26 PM  
Blogger teabird said...

I don't peek, either - but maybe it's a knitting thing: we're interested in the process at least as much as the product!

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a