Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Happy Birthday, Dad!


Edward M. Dunham, 1917-2003

I tried to write a post a week ago on the 4th anniversary of when we lost him, but just couldn't bring myself to do it. Today would have been his 90th birthday and I can't let it go by without celebrating the most wonderful Father in the world. He was a gentle man who fell in love with my Mom in the 9th grade and celebrated their 63rd anniversary not quite two months before his sudden death from a heart attack. Dad was computer savvy and made greeting cards for family - the anniversary card he made that year for Mom read "The best part of loving you is knowing that you love me back!" I found an acrylic frame that it fits into so that both the outside and inside can be read and it sits of top of the TV at Mom's house. My daughters always called them "the Love-Birds". Dad, I can't tell you how much you're loved and missed every minute of every day.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I know you miss him. What a handsome man he was...
(((Hugs)))

5:41 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What a lovely tribute to such a special man. *big hug*

10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a