Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, May 18, 2007

Garage Sale Fever

Whew! I am totally worn out after going to two subdivision garage sales which really means about 25-30 individual sales, but it was worth it. At one of the last ones, about the time I was ready to wait in the car while DH browsed, I ran across 22 - that's right, twenty-two - Piecework magazines for FREE!! Here are most of them spread out on the desk along with a short stack of others that wouldn't fit. The stack of books at the back are new ones to send to the grandkids as soon as I find a suitable box.



I also found some other goodies - like a pair of Gloria Vanderbilt jeans in my size for $1 that look like new {g}..

Yesterday was our K4 meeting and I turned in a small rag-tag afghan in shades of blue and a willow green shawl with lace.






Once again, the willow green yarn doesn't show up well in the photo - it's really a very pretty shade of green. The lace design was borrowed from The Lacy Prairie Shawl in the Folk Shawls book. I'm now working on a turquoise shawl and another rag-tag.

I need to update my sidebar, both the projects and the reading list section. Right now I'm reading The Mephisto Club by Tess Gerritsen. She has other books out and I'm going to check for them the next library run. I also found The Golden Compass - the book behind the Daemon quiz from last week - in the young adult section. It's surprising how many good books - like Eragon & the Redwall series - are in Young Adult, so if I can't find anything to my tastes in the adult stacks, I wander across the lobby and see what the teens are trying to keep all to themselves {g}.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Oh, I'm jealous about those Pieceworks!!!
:)
I just got my new subscription in the mail...I love love love that magazine.
(((hugs)))

2:32 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Great finds!

That rag tag is so lovely! And the shawl is gorgeous! :)

8:45 AM  
Blogger roseygirl said...

I love Garage Sales... Going to them and doing my own! We did a complex Garage Sale last weekend and I sold $185 I was so happy :)
Thank you for stopping by my Purls N lace Blog, my cat Blueberry is all better(So the Vet says?) but I feel she is not the same I am worried she will pass away while I am on holiday for 2 months in Australia. :(

10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a