Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Booking Through Thursday #4

This week's question is "Okay, there must be something you read that's a guilty pleasure . . . a Harlequin romance stashed under the mattress. A cheesy sci-fi book tucked in the back of the freezer. A celebrity biography, a phoned-in Western . . . something that you'd really rather not be spotted reading. Even just a novel if you're a die-hard non-fiction fan. Come on, confess. We won't hold it against you!"

No problem here - and I'm not really ashamed of it - but we have lots and lots of comic strip collections! Far Side, For Better Or For Worse, Cathy, Doonesbury, Crankshaft, Calvin & Hobbs, Overboard, Dilbert, Sally Forth, Baby Blues, Foxtrot, Rose is Rose, Zits, and probably a number of others that I can't remember at the moment. They rotate in and out of the bathroom and on & off the end table downstairs providing a quick read and more than a few smiles. Collections that I hope are either out or will be coming out soon: Heart of the City, Stone Soup, Candorville, and maybe On The Fast Track; DH is looking forward to Pearls Before Swine. They're about the only books that we actually purchase (the rest of our reading material coming from the library) as we know that they're the ones that will be read again & again & again.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bought both Candorville collections, actually (there are two of 'em, "Thank God for Culture Clash" and "Another Stereotype Bites the Dust"). I got mine at Borders, but I know they're also on Amazon.com.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a