Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, April 12, 2007

An Engrossing Book

This week's Booking Through Thursday question concerns getting so involved in a book that you miss something else:

Have you ever missed an important appointment because you have become so engrossed in a book you forgot the time or were up so late reading that you didn't wake up in time? Been late to work because you couldn't resist the temptation and left the house too late?

If I didn't have the help of my sweet DH, I would often be late in getting over to Mom's for morning coffee because I didn't get to bed until 2 or 3 in the morning. Sometimes it's because I'm web wandering, but usually it's because I want to finish the book I'm reading. It happens more often now that I'm retired because Mom is more understanding than a boss. I still remember the first time I stayed up *all* night reading a book. It was back when DED & DYD were both little and I had a copy of Heinlein's latest book, Time Enough For Love, published in 1972 - I started it about the time the girls went to bed and I was just finishing when they got up the next morning. Fortunately, they took a number of naps that day because I was a zombie {g}.

On the knitting front, I finished the willow green shawl - I'll be glad when the rain lets up and the sun comes out so I can take a few photos outside because the flash is washing out the colors.



I have most of a blue rag-tag afghan finished and I'm working on a lime green shawl that's knit from the neck down using four YOs every other row for the increases. I'm almost to the point where I want to add a lace edging worked sideways like the one on the Highland Triangle shawl.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Lovely shawl!
lol
I rarely do the late nights anymore, Jane. But I remember reading light romances into the night...ah yes.
(((hugs)))

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a