Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, January 29, 2007

One Day At A Time

Mom is continuing to hold her own against the leukemia, but is weak enough that one of us needs to be with her all the time so she doesn't fall again. That leaves me with plenty of time to knit, read & (now that I have the computer over there working again) transcribe records for my genealogy site. I'm knitting the same old hats & crocheting the same old scarves, so I didn't bother taking a photo of the 12 hats & 8 scarves I turned in last Thursday. There are only so many color combinations that are interesting {g}.. I think I have 5 sets completed since last Thursday and I'm working on the 6th.

If anyone is following my reading list over there in the sidebar, you'll notice that I've been on a mystery kick - specifically mysteries set in the American South-west. Tony Hillerman's books are always good and I really enjoyed the Ella Clah series by Aimée and David Thurlo. A couple weeks ago, I discovered the Kevin Kerney series by Michael McGarrity and have been reading them one after another with short breaks for other books like Carol O'Connor's latest Malory novel. It's great finding a new (to me) series of already published books that I can go through as fast as I can read them. I think we easily save our entire property tax bill in books we don't have to buy because they're available at the library.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I'm sorry about your Mom...sending prayers, reiki and hugs to you and your family.

Ruinwen
:)

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry things are deteriorating with your Mom. Sending good thoughts your way.

But I DO thank you for your book recommendations! I'm going to look up a few. :)

12:33 PM  
Blogger rita said...

Prayers for you mom, and bless you for being there for her.

I love mysteries! The first "real" book that I read in the 2nd grade was a mystery. My favorites are set in South Florida--James W. Hall, Dave Barry, Tim Dorsey, Randy Wayne White and others that I can't remember now--and I read them whenever I need a Florida fix.

2:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a