Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Still Standing

It's been quite a while since I last posted - I'm here on the computer for about 90 minutes a day and by the time I finish emails and moderating the lists I host there never seems to be time to blog. But I've been busy the last 11 days:





I actually had three more hats completed last week along with the scarves for seven of them, but my camera lost the photos of the last three and the stack of nine. So far this week, I've finished and actually have photos of nine hats, each with a matching scarf that I didn't photograph (along with my friend Sallee, I'm hosting the Cover Your Head KAL so I only need photos of the hats for there and I'm too lazy to take two sets of photos {g}.. You'll have to take my word that each of these hats have a matching scarf):










Actually, I have two more hat & scarf sets completed other than running in the ends and may have another one by the time that our K4 meeting rolls around tomorrow. It's amazing how much time I have to knit and read when I'm not on the computer all the time.

On a personal note, Mom seems to be getting stronger - probably because she's eating well. In the couple weeks before her fall she told me that she was eating, but she kept loosing weight. Now she's gained at least 5#s in the last 2+ weeks and seems stronger. Only problem from my point of view is that I'm eating right along with her and gaining too, but it's worth it to see her improving!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

hmm....too many hats.
That's all there is to it!
So explain to me why you're not working on Adamas?
(((hugs)))

3:06 PM  
Blogger Plain Jane said...

Because I'm reading books almost as fast as I'm knitting and that requires mindless patterns like the hats & scarves. {G} I just brought a big bag full of books home from the library this morning including one of Carol O'Connor's Mallory mysteries..

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a