Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, March 12, 2007

Good News For A Change

Mom is continuing to bounce back from the fall she took at the end of December and hasn't shown any bad reactions from the leukemia as of yet. We've been giving her a little more space as she doesn't seem to need the hovering we were doing in January & February - in fact, she's getting downright feisty about needing help and telling me to go home {g}.. We are continuing to insist that the three of us eat dinner as a family as I'm pretty sure that the fall was the result of her fainting because she hadn't been eating enough. Tonight's menu is salads, fish sandwiches & chips; last night DH fixed a pork roast along with baked potatoes and steamed vegetables. You've got to love a man who cooks!!

I'm taking a break from the endless hats & scarves I've been making for charity - 85 hats & 74 scarves since the first of the year are enough for a while. I have a bright yellow garter stitch shawl on the needles and I'm starting to use up some of the leftovers in a rag-tag afghan. After all the rather dull "guy" colors I've been working with recently, it seems nice to work with bright yarn for the shawl and play with colors in the afghan. The shawls are popular at the local nursing home and there's always a need for afghans, especially for the home bound seniors served by the Meals On Wheels program from the Sr. Center.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Its good to hear from you! I'm glad things are looking up for your Mom. Its good to hear that you are taking some time for yourself too. :)

Ruinwen
:)

10:23 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Nice to hear good things, always!
Now...how about something knitted for YOU? I think you're overdue!!
(((hugs)))

12:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a