Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

It Means A Lot

Thanks for all the kind comments posted this last week and a half since we lost our "furry kids" - it really means a lot to both DH & me. We haven't quite adjusted yet to the almost empty house. I'm still over to Mom's most of the time and I'm so grateful for being able to have Tiger over there for a while - if I hadn't had those three weeks, I think I'd be even more of a basket case than I have been. DH is talking about adopting at least one cat and maybe two - let's face it, Callie is about as close to having an Avanti toy cat as one can get in the cuddle department. In fact, it would be easier to cuddle the toy. The technician at the vet's told us that she's found orange or yellow tigers to be the most likely to have a cuddlesome personality and when I search the Pet Finder sites, most cats that color are described as friendly lap cats. Does anyone have other recommendations?

In the knitting department, I'm still "knitting up a storm" - I missed the K4 meeting last week because of the nasty weather, but I'll have at least a dozen hat & scarf sets in "guy colors" to turn in this Thursday. After that, I'll start in on shawls for the nursing home or, more likely, rag-tag afghans to use up all the left-overs from the hat & scarf sets. I'm still reading a lot and need to update the list over there in the sidebar. Right now, I'm in the middle of the next to last of the Kevin Kerney mysteries by Michael McGarrity and I have two of the Alex Cooper mysteries by Linda Fairstein on my stack along with a Dan Brown that I missed when it was on the New Books shelves. Those should keep me busy the rest of this week.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Glad to see you are healing a bit. I will keep you in my prayers.

Ruinwen
:)

5:44 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Yup, yellow and white little boy kitties...my "best cat ever" (before The Meezer) was a yellow & white boy...he was my cuddle-bug.

And of course, The Meezer is definitely NOT what you'd consider a cuddle-bug, but she has many distinct advantages to rank her right up in the "best cat ever" league - maybe a tie?

It's time to hit the shelters and find a sweetie to bring home...
(((hugs)))

9:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a