Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Three For Four

I can't remember the last time I put up three posts in four days, but then life has been a little more exciting recently.

First off, thanks for all the great name suggestions. But last night, I was sitting here looking at the cat curled up in my lap {BG} and it suddenly came to me that he wanted to be called Boomer. This morning, DH & I talked it over and while I was visiting with Mom, DH & the cat talked it over so Boomer is now official.

As you can tell, he's far less skittish than he was yesterday...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

What is difficult to see under all that cat (Boomer is BIG) is my third rag-tag afghan of 2007 - this one in various shades of blue on the ends. Ok, I was feeling a little wild & tossed in those few stitches of bright yellow just under Boomer's left paw for the fun of it. I've done this more than once when making a scrap quilt when the blocks are all fairly coordinated and then I toss in an odd one in a different color or even a different pattern. I'm working on afghan #4, just finishing up the middle section of off whites & creams. The ends on this one are going to be narrower and just dark colors without any theme. I'm also working on a pair of slippers for DH who has been waving his toes at me through the holes he wore in the previous pair and muttering about charity beginning at home.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

Boomer is a great name! >^..^<

Glad he's settling in so well! Your rag tag looks great! :)

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Boomer! (The cat & the name.) It's great how quickly he's settled in. :)

Very pretty rag tag too. :)

8:39 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had a feeling it was just a matter of communication ;-) And he looks very happy--like he's content now that he has a home and a name. Bless your heart for taking home an older cat.

Best regards,
Mary

5:24 PM  
Blogger Lorette said...

Boomer looks like he's settled in just fine. Willie and Lucy say "welcome" to the cats-on-blogs neighborhood.
It also looks like you need to make Boomer his own blankie.

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a