Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, April 29, 2007

Guess Who Is No Longer Camera-shy???


Someone is becoming very comfortable around the camera.


To the point where trying to get a clear photo of my latest K4 project is becoming difficult unless I close the door to this room with Boomer on the other side. Under that mass of black & white fur is a smaller rag-tag than usual - this one is more suitable for someone in a wheelchair as it isn't large enough to get caught in the wheels while still being big enough to cover the lap & legs.


Ok, I confess - I didn't have the heart to banish him.. But I did try to move him to one side so the lace pattern on this shawl would show up. It's a simple K2tog, YO on one side of the center line and YO, SL1 to knit, slip 1 to purl, transfer back to the left needle & knit together. That lets the decreases slant out from the center.


I had to take the photo in a hurry because my new camera hog decided to get right back in the middle {g}

Back at Booking Through Thursday, I'm slightly late this week. The questions are:

Does what you read vary by the season? For instance, Do you read different kinds of books in the summer than the winter?
If so, do you break it down by genre, length of book, holiday, or...?


No, while my knitting and quilting activities change with the seasons, my reading matter doesn't. Mysteries, science fiction, fantasy, historicals (not hystericals - those overwrought romances set in the past), adventures & political novels are my usual fare and what I read when usually depends on what is on the new book shelves that suits my tastes or if I find a new-to-me author with half a shelf in the stacks to devour. Right now, I'm reading Melanie Rawn's Spellbinder, a modern day fanasty. Before that it was Stuart Woods' Fresh Disasters, a mystery, & Jack McDevitt's Odyssey, a science fiction work. I see that I need to bring my reading list on the sidebar up to date.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

It seems your once shy kitty is really a camera hog...maybe he was a GQ model in another life? He really is a sweet looking kitty. :)

5:50 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Pretty knitting! What you can see of it!
Glad himself is adjusting well!
(((hugs)))

11:39 AM  
Blogger Annabelle said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. Boomer is a cutie...he looks so cuddly! They have a way of adopting us instead of the other way around. We kind of wanted a kitten but we love Harry. And older cats have a harder time being adopted. I've been reading your blog...gosh, you've done a lot of beautiful knitting.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a