Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, June 21, 2007

School Days, Golden Rule Days

It's that time of the week again:

Since school is out for the summer (in most places, at least), here’s a school-themed question for the week:

Do you have any old school books? Did you keep yours from college? Old textbooks from garage sales? Old workbooks from classes gone by?


Yes, I have many of my history books from college, especially the ones on Chinese History. I picked up an elementary Spanish book last year from a free box at a garage sale in hopes of picking up a bit of what I learned in college - not that I was very good at it.

How about your old notes, exams, papers? Do you save them? Or have they long since gone to the great Locker-in-the-sky?

I still have my senior research project paper - 100 pages on 4000 years of land tenure and land reform in China - along with an art history paper on African equestrian figurines that my professor said was the equivalent of a master's thesis. I'm still kicking myself that when we cleaned out the attic of my parents' house five years ago, I let a big box of exams and other papers go to the curb. I might have been able to find my papers on the divorce of Henry VIII, the reign of Queen Ann, the importance of English trade to Russia, and the career of "Chinese" Gordon. I was tired after two days of packing and just wasn't thinking {sigh}

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I can see why you kept the books on China. How interesting!

12:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still have my college senior research paper too: "The Emergence of Women in History: The Role of Women in Tudor Society."

::grin::

4:10 PM  
Blogger Alice said...

Those are very interesting researches you've done. I haven't got the chance to do any of those. I am really thinking about doing an English degree (recently developed a keen interest in English Lit)... what do you think?

9:35 PM  
Blogger Kozy Kitty said...

Nice blog! I've tagged you for a birthday meme. Instructions are on my blog: http://kozykitty.blogspot.com

6:38 PM  
Blogger Melissa F. in CA said...

I do have nearly all of my college texts. I have a B.S. in Bus. Admin. My husband finds the books useful from time to time (he owns his own internet marketing/website development firm). Also, I adore my beautiful Art History books... I plan to keep them always :) Jane, I must thank you for commenting on my blog and I love that you are a RAH fan, as am I! I cut my teeth on THE CAT WHO WALKS THROUGH WALLS :)

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a