Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Friday, July 13, 2007

Better & Better



We were driving past the garage sale in the village late this afternoon, so we stopped to see if they had put out any more yarn. They had and there was now a sign that said that the yarn was cheaper than I'd paid this morning. I grabbed everything (except two skeins of Diana which I knew from prior experience looked like a rag after washing even by hand). When I got to the person collecting money, I mentioned that they'd lowered the price and I'd paid $1 a skein this morning. At that point, she told me to just take what I had and the earlier $10 would cover everything!

So here we have one 3.5 oz skein of Red Heart Soft Spun pompadour, two 3 oz skeins of Columbia Minerva Windspun, three 1.25 oz skeins of Roly Sport and six 2.5 oz skeins of Caron Wintuck plus whatever is already on the needles. It wasn't a bad haul with the first batch, but this makes it even better!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

MY Goodness! THAT's scoring big!
(((hugs)))

10:33 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

I swear that deals just fall into your lap! Great yarn! :)

2:31 PM  
Blogger Knitcrazy said...

Great!!!!
WOW.. What a Haul on those yarns!!!

Love all of your Hats too!!!

http://pennyknits.blogspot.com/

8:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a