Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The Best Laid Plans Of Mice & Men

Thanks to Sallee who told me to try typing in my post title before I upload photos - it seems to have worked.


When we left the latest adventure, I was, ahem, bragging on how the socks were going to match and, as you can see from the above photo, things were going well... Except.....





OK, what happened here?? How did the color stripe pattern of the yarn change? I was going blissfully along, turning the heel without any problems when suddenly the yarn on the needle changed from pink to WHITE! Uff da! There isn't a band of white like that anywhere in the first sock even considering that it would show up as a bigger area on the short rows of the heel. As the title says, "The best laid plan of mice and men... oft go astray"

However, you will note that the heel is turned and in somewhat less than an hour. I was a little more sure of myself this time and considering that I started this sock only eight days ago on the 3rd, I'm surprised at how far it's progressed.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

ROFLOL! yeah, that self-striping yarn has a mind of it's own!
lolol
Three cheers - you're going to have a pair of socks soon!!!
And I'm glad my "hint" worked!
(((hugs)))

11:18 AM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

They still look great! Matching that self-striping stuff sometimes can be impossible when the two balls aren't the same...you should be proud of your socks...they are beautiful! :)

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a