Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

No Second Sock Syndrome Here..

Blogger still will not allow me to put in a title, so I'm putting it in the first line.


My friend Sallee of KnitNana & Nana Sadie Rose Bags often tells me that I'm a perfectionist. I normally don't agree, but in this case, I think I was and that it worked out fine. Not only don't I have 2nd sock syndrome, they're going to match - even better than it looks here because if I turned the one I'm working on over, that little line of pink from the cast on is on the other side. So far, so good..


Here's another hat from the pattern I've been playing with from Gloria's book. This time, I wanted to see what it would look like if I staggered the nubs instead of lining them up as I did on the last hat plus added an extra row of main color knitting between the rows of nubs. I have an even different version on the needles now.


I decided that I didn't like the way that the top of the blue hat pooched up when I worked the decreases every other row, so on this one, I decreased every row which produced a flat top. That's another one of my semi-messy pompoms - it was almost a disaster as something went wrong when I tied it (still trying to figure out exactly what) and when I cut the side away from the tie, I suddenly had about 150 short pieces of yarn in my lap with no tie around them. Thanks to help from my DH, I managed to salvage the mess.


And, as always, more washcloths for Cloths For Crisis I have one more complete except for running in the yarn ends and two more on the needles - one in my knitting bag and the other here on the desk for when I'm web surfing.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Michele said...

Its ok to be a perfectionist. It shows in your knitting. Love how you've matched up the socks like that! Looks so polished.

About my dishcloth cotton reproducing? The boy colours and the girl colours were mingling! What was I thinking. No more co-ed yarn sleepovers!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Good for you on your sock match! I think we are all slackers when it comes to that second sock. Why, I'm not sure. I am still on the match for the monkey socks I posted about a while ago! I usually have too many knits going on at the same time.

10:09 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

ROFLOL!
Yup. True to form...GREAT that it matches. And I love the hat!
(((hugs)))

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a