Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, July 15, 2007

Hat Trick

I've been working on hats for our K4 group to sell at the annual Barn Days show here in Lake Orion. By selling some of the fancier hats, we earn money to buy more yarn for the group so we can knit more items for charity.


This is the fun fur hat I just finished - I just love it!


A view of the top which was knit in Rainbow Dreams Jetstream colorway. My "model's" ears are pulling it slightly out of shape, but it's worked with six decreases in every row so it's fairly flat.


This one is very similar to the earlier version in blue with variegated yarn for the nubs. I think it looks a little like red check gingham with the single color for the trim & nubs.


And this one is the latest play with the pattern - I worked the nubs on two stitches for 4 rows with a slip stitch in between and three rows of plain knit between the pattern rows. It's fun taking a basic pattern idea and seeing how far the variations can go.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Shelob said...

These are so much fun! Glad to see you having such a good time with this. [grin]

--Shelob

8:50 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What cute hats! :)

8:13 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

Great Hats! They'll sell nicely, I'm sure, at your fund raiser...
(((hugs)))

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a