Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Goodies

I finally had a chance this evening to open the Knit Picks order that came while I was staying with Mom at the hospital, so lots of photos in this one although with the flash, I had a tough time matching photos with the actual yarn. These are all Palette heathers - new colors this fall. Palette is a fingering weight yarn so don't ask me what I'm going to do with it yet - I just fell in love with the colors {g}.. I have two skeins of each - enough for a pair or socks or I may mix them all together in a vest.



Calypso



Clematis



Merlot



Tidepool



Verdant



Marine



Bluenote



Brindle



Rainforest

And the books:





Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Diana said...

Looking good!!!! A fair isle vest would be great! Can't wait to get my copy of The Opinionated Knitter!

10:07 PM  
Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

What great colors! Can't wait to see what you make with it. :)

10:01 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

GOOD FOR YOU! I'm so excited about your purchases, whatever you decide to do with them...
hmm...gotta check out that clematis!
(((hugs)))

11:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Just came across your blog with a very similar name to mine. 'Plain Jane Creations' and I am also a knitter but I love to felt my knitting, especially bags. will be back to read a bit more of your blog.

Happy blogging, Lisa

2:49 AM  
Blogger SYLVIE said...

I was just checking different knitting blogs and came across yours.

Very nice yarn you bought! I love all the colors but the Tidepool is specially nice!

I'll be checking to see what you do with it!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The colors are fantastic, Jane. Will you do some fairisle?

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a