Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, October 29, 2007

Starting To Move Again

I had the knitting class today with three students, all of whom needed very little help, so I spent the two hours mainly knitting, running in yarn ends, yakking & answering the occasional question. These are the latest five sets for the Veterans' Shelter - I made hat & scarves for four of them and the hat for the brown set to match the variegated crocheted scarf that Sharon made.


These bring the total sets that I have stored either here or at the other house until Gloria takes them to Detroit in December to 45. I have the scarf half done for a set in two strands of a camouflage and one of golden beige out of the coned yarn and about half a hat in an aran with black & brown flecks for yet another set. The latter is my carry-around project as carrying three large cones of yarn would be a little daunting.


I've also been working on wheelchair sized rag-tag lap robes, using up the left overs from the hats, scarves and other projects. I love the one above in the fall colors. The one below is in baby type pastels & white.



The next big project is sorting yarn & storing it in totes for the move - I'll have to take photos as I go along so I can "flash my stash" next time that me-me is going around.. {g}

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Ruinwen Dagorielle said...

You always exhaust me with your fos! Beautiful colors...everyone will be so happy to get your lovlies! :)

11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a