Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Monday, December 24, 2007

Not A Christmas Stocking

No, it's not going to be a Christmas stocking - for one thing, it's too small {g} But it is the first sock of my second pair and I'm knitting it on Xmas Eve. I just finished turning the heel without having to resort to tranquilizers thanks to my friend Sallee. Now this is not to say that she might have felt like taking a couple before I got the method through my sometimes thick skull, but I've got it now. Thanks, Sallee!!


I like this yarn better than the red & pink Sassy Stripes that I made my first pair with - the denim blue (it's a bit darker than it shows in the photo) with little bits of grey, darker blue & light blue) is more my speed. This is also my first pair of wool socks - I don't know the brand because I bought it unbanded at a garage sale for $5. There are 4 oz in the skein and it's working up nicely on size 2 needles. If anyone recognizes it, could you let me know?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

hehe! I'm just glad I kept the first email with my typed instructions so I didn't have to retype them!!! :)
No, not driven to drink yet!

And I knit a hat in a couple of hours thanks to you and Norma, so it goes both ways, you know?

Love those Harmonys you're using! And Congrats!
(((hugs)))

11:10 PM  
Blogger kat said...

i learned how to turn a hell over the holidays too, funny

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a