Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, November 18, 2007

What Goes Around, Comes Around

Ok, I admit, I started it when I tagged Sallee of Knitnana for a MeMe a couple days ago. As is only fair, she tagged me back. I'm supposed to turn to page 161 of the book I'm reading - Spindrift, by Allen Steele, which I just started last night - and read the 5th sentence. If I don't count the run on sentence continued from the previous page, the 5th sentence is: "'Yes?' Rauchle asked, his sardonic smirk making another appearance." Now, in that I'm only on page 12, I have no idea who Rauchle is or what he's smirking about, but I suspect that I'll find out. Rather than tag anyone - inviting retaliation - I'll just leave it to anyone who reads this who is so inclined to join in.

On the knitting and crocheting front, it's the same old, same old. More hats & scarves for the veterans. Boring, but items that will be useful to these men & women who are in the shelter or on the street waiting for a place to open. It's turned cold here in south-east Michigan and there were snowflakes flying, though not sticking, a day or two ago. I've filled two totes with approximately 25 sets each and have started filling a third. I think we sent 50 sets last year, but with a couple more weeks to work on them this year, I think we'll go well past that.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

hee hee! Sorry - yes, you deserved it!
Have no idea about Rauchle, either! Enjoy the book...
(((hugs)))

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a