Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Too Late For Xmas

Not that I really planned on getting these to California before the 25th, so they'll be belated. A couple weeks ago, my grand-daughter called to ask if I could make her a fuzzy hat & scarf like the ones she saw at a store in their town. Now I didn't have a photo of those and only two mismatched skeins of Fancy Fur, so I did my best.


One skein of yarn was neon pink and the other was black, so I put them together and matched a cranberry worsted with them. By the time I finished the hat, both skeins were a bit lean so I only worked one stitch up the center of the scarf.

Not wanting to slight my grandson, I knit a scarf & a fair isle hat to match his winter coat which is pumpkin orange with black trim. The fair isle design is from The Opinionated Knitter - one of the many charts in one of the early chapters. I worked it first in orange on black & then transitioned to black on orange.


The secondary color is really a pumpkin orange, not the rather gold color it shows in the photo. Now I need to find a box and get these shipped off.

On the moving front, the kitchen is painted and ready for the cabinet installation to start on Wednesday. We still need to pick out a stove, a microwave and a dishwasher. I spent a good part of today with the shop vac trying to make all the plaster dust from the patching & sanding disappear. That stuff is tenacious!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

The kids will love their gifts! Merry Christmas!
(((hugs)))

12:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both scarf and hat sets are beautiful Jane. I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.

10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

They look great! I still have two and half hats to knit before tomorrow morning! What am I thinking. :)

11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a