Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

An Almost Finished Kitchen!

Finally, as promised, photos of the new kitchen..


Looking toward the wall with the stove, microwave, refrigerator (on the left) and the dishwasher. Haven't taken the labels off the dishwasher yet - probably should have before taking the photos.


Look at all the counter space on the peninsula!!


Another shot of the peninsula - can you tell that I'm in love with all the counter space? {g}


A close up of the counter laminate - Coral Roca by Wilsonart. It has a nice textured look without having a texture.


All of the base cupboards except the blind corner between the stove & dishwasher and the sink one have two pull out shelves that are adjustable in height.


Another close up, this time of the wrought iron finger pulls on the drawers & doors. I love the little engraved leaves. I didn't get a good photo of it, but I found a wrought iron style floor grate for the heating duct that moved out to the end of the peninsula. It looks right in period with the pulls and the Mission style quarter sawn oak. Now I need to figure out the most efficient use of all this space which is probably between two & three times as much as I have in this house.

On the knitting front, I've finished the right side of the sweater yoke and need to put those stitches on a holder so I can work on the left front yoke. The lace pattern on the Marine Blue Heather sock is going better now that I finally realized that the chart only showed the pattern rows & I need to work a plain "rest row" in between.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The kitchen looks beautiful! I know when we moved into our new house the best thing (imo) was all the counter space. :)

6:58 AM  
Blogger Nana Sadie said...

I know you're going to love getting settled in there and USING all that counter space, not just LOOKING at it and loving it!
(((hugs)))

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a