Plain Jane Knits Up A Storm

A few musings about my needlecraft hobbies - knitting, crocheting, quilting, & cross-stitch along with my other love, genealogy. While growing up, I used to HATE the term "Plain Jane", but when it comes to knitting & crocheting, I've realized that I really *am* a Plain Jane in that I don't use fancy yarns.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Northern Detroit Metro area, Michigan, United States

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Happy Dance!!!!

The mail person brought me a box today!


Presenting my Nana Sadie Rose Grand Mera bag. Don't those leaping kitties bring a grin to your face? I know that they do to mine!


Here's the inside. Six - count em', SIX - pockets to put knitting accessories, patterns, and what have you instead of having them scattered in the bag and snagging on the knitting. And plenty of room in the center section for several projects and extra yarn. I *love* it.


I ordered a matching Oressa double point needle holder and promptly stuffed it with all the DPs I could find. My size 1 & 3 Harmony needles are in the lower pockets with the longer size 4s in the upper pocket. I love the Harmony needles, but the cellophane packets they come in are annoying and difficult to get the needles in and out. Now my needles have a far nicer home. My size 2 Harmony needles aren't in the Oressa because they're busy with the sock I posted yesterday. But look at that clump of metal needles in the upper size 2 slot. I had no idea that I had somehow accumulated fourteen size 2 metal DPs. I have a feeling that a lot of these were garage sale finds as I don't have the will power to turn down a bargain. However, those metal needles may be moved into storage as they're hard on my hands. I stuck a couple small crochet hooks in for those inevitable times when a stitch slips off a needle and has to be recovered.


Here's the outside that matches the Grand Mera.


And all rolled up. Note the button - a gold star to match both the little stars in the leaping kitties print and the gold stars on red that Sallee used to line the Grand Mera.


And last, but not least, a Posy in a print that is Grateful Dead friendly. Ok, it's not officially the Skull & Roses (note the t-shirt I'm wearing in the photo of Boomer back on November 15th), but it's close enough. This is going to be the new home for my sock projects. The long strap lets me put it over my shoulder and have both hands free for knitting on the go. No more having the needles catch on the small felted bag I'm using now - with up to 5 needles and 10 points used working on a sock, you'd be surprised at how many ways they can catch!


And here's the inside - more pockets!! Can you tell that I'm super happy?? Thanks, Sallee!!!

4 Comments:

Blogger Nana Sadie said...

DEEEE-lighted! I'm glad you're pleased....um. You might want to use the Harmony's cardboards (with the sizes written on them) as "backing" in the slot for each size? I'm just sayin' since KP doesn't imprint the sizes on their needles....
Use all those Nana Sadie Rose items in GOOD HEALTH!
(((hugs)))

1:01 PM  
Blogger Suzann said...

Gorgeous bags. I love the leaping kitties. Lucky you!

8:39 AM  
Blogger Diana said...

Good for you! Looks like you got a few things for several uses. I use mine all the time.

8:51 AM  
Blogger Geraldine said...

Wow, nice package to receive. Sallee does make beautiful totes, love them. I really really want one now!!! The inner pockets are so important and lacking in so many commercial totes. Enjoy.

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Acrylics Anon/a